Brian Kerle Basketball Academy offers an elite 12-month academy experience, which provides participants with the opportunity to advance their career prospects by completing a nationally-accredited diploma while undertaking an advanced basketball education program.
The intensive full-time program is suitable for males and females aged between 16 and 25 years and is delivered by qualified educators led by dual Olympian and four-time NBL championship coach Brian Kerle.
Participants will be supported and guided by a diverse coaching staff which includes leading educators, sports coaches and personal development mentors dedicated to helping participants reach their full potential.
● Player profiling
● Coaching of individual skills including specific position development
● Coaching of team offense and defence concepts
● Strategy and game knowledge
● Practical game application sessions – games against SBL, State and local rep sides as well as visiting overseas teams
● Guest coaching by leading NBL coaches and players both past and present
● Strength and conditioning program● Nutrition program ● Sprint training● Stretching and mindfulness program ● Player welfare management ● Personal development and mentoring program ● Social and emotional well-being program
● Diploma in Sports Management – SIS50612. Delivered by Fit Education RTO #32155● Coaching certificate ● Referee certificate● First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003) ● Anti-doping course
The Academy course runs for a full year. There is the potential to fast-track this depending on your situation: this will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To enrol in the Academy you must be over 16 years old and no longer attending school, as the program runs during school hours.
An intermediate skill level of basketball is also a minimum requirement for acceptance into the Academy.
We run four days per week. Students attend Basketball training 3 x week at Hibiscus Stadium (M,T,Th) and Classes 1x week at Fit Education (Th). Students are also encouraged to attend the Fit Education gym.
This amount of time may reduce depending on how the course is progressing, but be prepared to commit four days per week to the Academy.
It is a Nationally Recognised Training Course. Diploma of Sport SIS50319 has a direct articulation into Griffith University and Torrens University. https://fiteducation.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Griffith-Articulation.pdf
Yes students apply for a Vet Student Loan (VSL) through the Australian Government. https://www.dese.gov.au/vet-student-loans/resources/vet-student-loans-information-booklet
Bachelor of Sport Development, Bachelor of Business (Sports Management). https://fiteducation.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Griffith-Articulation.pdf
Download Enrolment Form
Brian Kerle Rise Program Academy Showcase
Stay up-to-date on everything happening at BK Basketball, including upcoming clinics, programs and training sessions.